• Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications and immunization
• Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
• Examines patients for symptoms or physical information.
• Orders or executes various tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on
• Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient.
• Administers or prescribes treatments.
• Determines and prescribes medication, dosage and schedule given the patient’s condition and
• Discusses any possible side effects to medication or immunization with patient.
• Prescribes vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
• Promotes health by advising patients about diet, hygiene and methods for prevention of
• Provides prenatal care to pregnant women.
• Provides postnatal care to mothers and infants.
• Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
• Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-
• Documents the patient’s visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses and plan of
• Follows up with patient regarding progress in high risk or emergency cases.
• conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission
Family medicine Registrar/ senior registrar / specialist or consultant.
2. A degree in Medicine from an accredited program; Master’s degree in health care
3. Completion of a three-year family practice residency.
4. Training in medical areas such as pediatrics, surgery, neurology, psychiatry, internal
medicine, gynecology and community medicine.
5. Pass a recognized Board of Specialties examination to acquire board certification in
6. Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
7. Caring, attentive nature.
8. Good interpersonal skills.
9. Excellent quantitative skills